Thursday, November 10, 2011

Look Into It

"A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into." -Ansel Adams


We look at pictures everyday. On Facebook, in the news, on the internet. We look at faces and places. We look at happiness and tragedy. We look at nature and technology. But how often do we really see what we are looking at? 


I know that for me, I seldom truly look into anything. I go day by day looking at an endless sea of objects and faces but I rarely ever truly see them. It is my goal to do more seeing, to do more looking into rather than just simply letting things pass by my eyes. 


I feel that all photographers have some sense of seeing rather than looking when they take pictures.  I think it is our responsibility to try and do the same when viewing their photographs. This blog is to help others (and myself) become more accustomed to looking into rather than looking at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment